- 2 packs of ground beef (close to 2 lbs)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis (like Rotel)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 cans of beans (drained) I used kidney beans but pintos or black beans work good too.
- 1/2 Tablespoon of beef Better than Bullion
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 5 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (more or less to taste….I don’t like a lot of salt but the girls do abd said it was salty enough)
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown the ground beef. I do it one pack at a time because it makes less of a mess. There is not enough fat to drain off so I don’t.
- Put beef in crockpot
- Chop onion and put in slow cooker
- Put everything else in slow cooker and stir.
- Cook for 6-8 hours
We like chili with shredded cheese, sour cream and Lynn likes jarred jalapeno slices or hot sauce. We usually eat it with saltine crackers or tortilla chips. We frequently good on the third day over hotdogs. 😉