Dishes to wash: Uses a skillet, a mixing bowl and a 9×13 pan.
4 out of 4 people in our house like it. (Note Miss Picky in the background of the pic sneaking a bite before the prayer)
I think it’s even better reheated. Yay leftovers.
- 1ish pound of ground beef
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce or marinara
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 12 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Oven Ready lasagna noodles.* You just lay them in there all hard and they get soft in the oven like magic. **If you are low-carbing I found some lasagna noodles made from the heart of palm that were decent and worth a try
- Brown ground beef
- Add all the onion flakes, all the garlic powder, and 1/2 Tablespoon of the Italian seasoning to the ground beef
- Add the whole jar of spaghetti sauce to the ground beef and turn it down and let it simmer
- In a mixing bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese, 10 oz (aka most of) the Mozzarella Cheese (keep back 2oz or like 3/4 cup, or….like three handfulls 😉 ) and the rest of the Italian Seasoning (1.5 Tablespoons)
- Oil a 9×13 pan
- Layer the meat sauce, then a layer of noodles, then a layer of the cheese mixture. Keep it up till you are out of ingredients or your pan is full. FINISH with a meat sauce layer.
- Put the pan on a cookie sheet to prevent any oven spillage. Bake 45 minutes at 350. Put your remaining cheese on top and put back in oven to melt.
- Take out and let cool 15-20 minutes before serving.